Sunday, November 07, 2004

 

fighting the heart rate

Today I decided to take the day off, but I couldn’t kept my decision. Once and again I woke up around 4 a.m. and stayed in bed as long as I could. I managed to come sleeping but my mother called around 8 a.m. and a few minutes later Frederico woke up, so I had no choice but getting out of bed and have breakfast. I had planned to go to my Marcelo’s brithday party but ended just gone jogging – thhis word sounds so oldfashioned. Again my heart rate was sky high, but not for the very beginning. At the first moment it just didn’t work, and then reached 75%… for about 10 min and just reached 102%, I was wondering if I was due to havbe a heart attack, but I wasn’t even tired. I kept running for 5 minutes more and the rate just didn’t move from it… I was feeling well, then I realized it must be a problem at the monitor… at this moment I was just thinking about my clothes – my cangaroo jacket and black legging. Dear God, I was trying to get some “disguise”, but it ended to be a funny uniform. I couldn’t help myself but thinking about Rocky Balboa… I was singing gonna fly now and just keeping n mind that I just cannot sing it aloud – I have find myself singing, I mean sreaming songs around when running or riding and became a bi famous ‘cause of it… My heart seemed to slowed down and the monitor was showing a 159 bpm, not nice but less worrysome. I decided to shorten the run for an ez 45 minutes… The rain started I my “inner radio” changed the tune… I started thinking about the weather and altouhght we are not in december, started wispering “was a cold and wet december day when we touched down the JFK”… I still love U2 (someone told me they are about to release their new album on november 23rd )… The ez 45 run took about 50 min to end up – as anyone used to run at streets knows, when you go, you must come back… I was fine, ready for more one hour, or even more… Before I went back to street I maneged to do some shoppings, take a bath and go to the church – it was enough for the day and I still need to figure out why my rpe and my hr monitor just don’t match.. I know there’s an artcile by Matt Fitzgerald about it and maybe it can give me a hunch… or not… Tomorrow I’m planning a small research on the subject – and 1n hour and half morning ride.

PS - For those that love Julia Roberts – today I saw Nothing Hill and My Best friend’s Wedding – actually just “sipped some of it” – there are two scenes on them (one in each other) that makes me wonder about my all life… I love it… And started a new book – Pen Pals from Olivia Goldsmith, a romance (the sort of book I usually dislike) that seems to be interesting… I’ll tell you about my progress on it.And more about changing lifes- today I heard an interesting hint… when you need to hea your soul you should dedicate your time to a personal project… well, I’m trying let’s if it really works.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?