Friday, December 17, 2004

 

Dealing with anxiety

A new wekend is approaching and the weather decided to change after a long sunny week. A very productive one, I must say. But a bit lazy too (c´mon it´s almost xmas!!!)- and I discovered that sometimes this is the best thing to do. I slept a lot ( I usually sleep about 4 hrs per day, now I´m just staying in bed for about 5 or 6 hours). Had one or two bike trainnings, a bad run workout, a couple of strenght sessions and one swimmming class. No hard work - only at my current work and on finding a job. Guess what? I´m improving. Despite of the bad run session on tuesday, I´m feeling better and working harder with less effort.
But let´s talk about tuesday. I don´t know what went wrong. Really. The weather was hot, the streets clear and I was feeling fine. My heart rate started at 96 bpm, but it took only 5 minutes to get to 156 - very high, I know. I wasn´t really worried - actually I´m not sure that my heart rate monitor is workingquite well, so... But it got worse: I started to feel a severe pain in my belling. After running for about 25 minutes the pain was still there so I decided to go back to the gin and do some stretching. I considered swimming for 1 hour but I found that I forgot my swim suit so there was nothing that I could do but go home and watch some TV. I haven´t run since then and now Im considering a short run after work - just to relax (Im just to worried about my professional future, my career, my new job and on and on).
I planned to start yoga classes (once again) this week but I just postponed it for the next one - really, I was in need of sleep and I really believe that this rest days will make a huge difference when Im back on track - not only on my body but specially on my spirit!

PS. this is not about triathlon.. 2 amazing blogs www.tompeters.com and sethgodin.com (click on seth´s head and follow his ideas!)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?