Wednesday, December 29, 2004

 

The Flight of the Phoenix

This days I´m having a little extra time to write so I´m just making a good use of it ; -)
Yesterday I heard about a movie with Denis Quaid (I must say that I´m not exactly a big fan of him) named "The Flight of the Phoenix", I´m not sure exactly what this movie is about - aviation and that stuff surely but... - and that´s not exactly the point (if you´re willing to take some details about it you can reach on www.flightofthephoenix.com), I just liked the name.. actually what a great name! Every single year I write a diary and I give it an specific name, so I decided that Y2005 diary will be called "The flight of the phoenix - a time to rebirth" due to all plans and projects I have for next year.
But while the new year doesn´t come, I must say that yesterday I learned a though lesson.. actually two good ones.. The first one is about being positive - I was so concerned about setting backs that I almost face one (thakfully it was a small one, so I could deal with it and it make no harm) and the second one is the most difficult and it will take longer... The mother of a close fired of mine which i consider like a mother was diagnosed by cancer, as anyone knows this is the first step of a long road and a huge fight that I really hope will end up with a victory over the disease... the lesson? well, actually is one well known by everyone of us and mostly forgot: life is really short and noone knows what tomorrow might bring so I just decided to dedicate a bit more time writing to my family that lives abroad but most of all I will struggle to remember that there´s no use on worrying too much, just a need to work hard and live step by step - even in the fast lane - or as one friend of mine use to say: small moves.
Ah.. before I forget - in the "carpe dien" process I have just paid my entry for the first race on 2005... an easy 10k in late january...


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?