Monday, December 27, 2004

 

A New Yr to come

And there was Xmas, a nice party full of food and friends. It´s funny how we get lazy on this time of the year, maybe because of the tireness of the all year long rush, maybe due the all stress of setting goals and making plans for 2005. I´m full of plans. My new job and a master degree... the two main goals that will consume most part of my time. But that doesn´t mean quiting my goals to get to Kona. Actually, they are more alive than ever, but setting goals takes a bit of good sense and something is telling me that 2005 is not the year to focus on the IM... instead is a perfect time to prepare the way for a new Im and a performance that will take mw to Kona. This year my primary focus will be on my swimming and on building the discipline on working hard on the three disciplines. I´m also planning to run two marathons on the first half of the year - it was funny, when thursday I bought the triathlete mag and saw an ad with the following title: some come it an ultimate challenge, we call it a cool down - concerning to marathons.. I could feel "ashamed" but I must be realistic, and surely now is not the right time to travel and compete on an IM (I´m not that worried about the trainning regim - i´m sure I can stand it - but I won´t have any vacation this year, so it would be impossible to travel "through" an ironman event).
But one of the best things this year will be to follow my friends performances and trainnings for Im events around the world... there are some guys getting started on triathlon, there are those that are very experienced and there are those that cannot be called exactly as newbies but that are planning a entirely new experience on IM (finishing one, trying a breakthrpugh, trainning harder.. and so on!).
Today I bought on amazon the book "Iron will - the triathlete´s ultimate challenge").. it will take longer than I expected to get it but I´m sure I´ll make a good use of it (actually Im plannning to give it to a friend of mine one step forward me on his road to Kona).
Let´s see.. I think this will be an awesome year!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?