Thursday, December 30, 2004

 

Training with a HRM

Almost 2005, jee, time is flying! Yesterday I went to the gin to a swim and run workout... I never thougth that I could get so bad in swimming after almost 3 weeks of "off-training", all went bad. We always warry about sinking like a rock when getting to the pool, but there are things that are pretty much worse than this. Iwasn´t sinking, I was just doing everything wrong, I couldn´t stand a correct position, find my way, i swan in a zig zag - lucky me I was alone! Fortunately, I always get something good from bad experiences and the lesson learned is: if you are bad in something, you must try hard, but that´s not all: you must do it ina a consistent and "on going" way. So for 2005 I must get into the pool at least 4 times a week - even now that I´m not considering IM, but only marathons - 2006 will come one day (probably sooner that I can plan) and I don´t want to play catch up with my swimming on that time.
After the swimming “nightmare” I went running on the treadmill. Despite I rather run at the street I planned my running indoor to give a try to a “principle” caught in an article by Mark Allen I found while web surfing yesterday. It was a piece about HRM and the need to build an aerobic engine through training in low paces. Well, folks, I can say one thing: it is quite boring, but if it works… (the appeal is high, according to Allen he took that regimen and won 6 im in a row, but he is not the only one: nobody else than Lance Armstrong did it after his cancer treatment and during his prep for the first of 6 TDF victories… who needs more? www.markallenonline.com). Lets see the developments…
And once sports aren´t just the only one thing worth to take notice, yesterday the day ended with some tv.. I took a look at “Jack & Bobby” (www.warnerchannel.net) and another bad night on sleeping (I went to bed around midnight and got up at 3.00 a.m.)… I must fix this sleeping problem if I really want to take this IM Hawaii stuff seriously… see you on 2005


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?