Tuesday, January 11, 2005

 

If the Shoe Fits

spet the all last week far away from the web - that means away from blogging too. I started at my new job and as I expected I ain´t got a computer still, a phon or even a desk. Althought it is quite frustrating not to have tons of work, e-mails and phone calls waiting for me, Im aware that it will happen soon, so I taking my time. Despite my absence on blogging, i had a good start back on trainning (note: good doens´t mean excelent). Went running on tuesday, and followed the 10k and a bit with a bike class. Wednesday and Thrday were days "off" - only weight lifting and stretching. On Friday a short treadmill workout folled agai by a bike class. On Saturday the day was incredible, the sun was shinning, the skies all blue.. I went to a park with a friend and ran 8,4 km... And that day I could perceive how easily people tend to give up. After a runnning test of 2,4, me and my friend decided to run 6km and go home... we went easy but even so, after a mile long he decided to call the day. I insisted and after walking for about 10 minutes, we started running again.. and finished the workout feelling quite well: lesson learned: slow down, get still but don´t give up! Later on this same day, I went visiting a friend of mine (the one her mother is facing cancer) and could see the results of a "life" giving up.. she was a pretty girl, with an amazing body.. now she is fat, stays at home all day long watching tv and ain´t got much a life. On Sunday I was done... I just couldn´t stand staying home on a sunny day watching life goes on.. on tv! Decided to go back home( Iwas slepping at her home) and something happened: she asked me if I would go with her for a short run... we went for a walk/ run workout half hour long folllowed by a walk 1 hr and a half long.. it was nice and she decided to get back on trainning.. hope she will follow the plan (hope that I can help her too). Lesson learned: we must watch ourselves, it is very easy to become a couch potato and not that easy to get back on a trainning regimem.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?