Friday, January 14, 2005

 

The Perfect Bike Fit

Swan on wednesday and followed it with a bike class. Yesterday I wasn´t feelling "well", headaches, worryness, tireness - maybe I've got a flue, don´t know... - and decided to play it safe: another bike class. Actually I was planning to take 2, but I was waiting for a call (which, obsviously, didn´t come) and decided to go home - don´t like to stay inside the gin will the cell. But anxiety wasn´t exactly my problem: I just couldn't find myself on the bike, the spin was hard, the position unconfortable, everything seemed out of "the place"... Guess I'm "unfited"... that made me wonder.. I use to say that we should periodically reassess our bike fit and make adjustments, but never really thought about the "correct bike position" - just asked someone to make the adjustments and moved forward. After some research I found an interesting article with some good tips plus some "physics"...http://www.tri-ecoach.com/art11.htm
the site also has many other interesting articles, but I just hadn´t time (yet) to read them all).


note: talking about phisics, this yr is being called the yr of the physics (of course by the professionals from the area) due to the anniversary of two most famous articles by Albert Einstein... They are very interesting.. for those days off!
Hint: if you hadn´t just take a time and get Stephen´'s Hawkings "Universe in a Nutshell".. sometime s a bit hard but good! (and You'll find out that triathlon has much ado with phisics!!!).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?