Wednesday, January 19, 2005

 

The Power of Stretching

As planned, yesterday I swan 2.600m plus 45min bike class. Good workout, but I suffered a bit in the bike - which is quite unusual for me - I just couldn´t develop a good spin and felt some sort of "lack of power"... Maybe this is due to my lack of bike trainning, but despite of this, it was surely a matter of lack of stretching. Do you remember all those times your coach asked yourself to stretch? Those times he almost yelled on you that you chould take your time and stretch? Well, he was right... I used to pay attention to details and stretching was an important part of my trainning regime, but suddenly I just lost sight of it and now I'm feelling the consequences: tight muscles that lead to poor movement, that lead to lack of power, that lead to spreed decrease.... Lesson learned: those 15 minutes before and after a workout are not wasting time, actually you'll probably gain time due to an increased efficiency during the training.

Turning the subject: if you liked the tipping point, just take a look at Malcom Galdwel´'s new book - Blink. read more on this month issue from Fast Company or just follow the link:
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/90/gladwell.html


well, my way to kona isn't just a matter o train hard, yeah?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?