Friday, February 04, 2005

 

The meaning of time

We always says that we would like to have more time... and there are people (including me) that says that really busy people has time to everything (or in short: if you want something to be done, ask someone really busy)... well.. I do really believe it and live be it... but yesterday I found myself into a real dilemma which made me wonder about the true meaning of time. To balance family, work, sports, personal improvement, friends, books, blablabla is a huge challenge, nobody doubts it, and the day will still remain 24 hrs, no matter what. These are the facts. I've beeen managing to sleep 4hrs per day, avoid wasting time with frivolous things, still watching TV while cleanning the house, reading plus knitting, studying while listenning to the news and so on... and still have to find time to bike, run and swim... ok... but suddenly I have to fit another appointment into my shedule and I just didn't find where.. really... I just couldn't believe it was possible but it happened, so this weekend I have to figure out how to cut something... reduce the time trainning? do not study for the mastership? do not see my friends? do not go to the church? all these things seems equally important... and there are the things just cannot be cut: family, personal care, the dogs... jeez! I was considering sleeping less, but I'm wide aware that I'm in the limit... any hints?????

Talking about time.. only because it's wide used as an excluse, two interesting articles about charity (both worth reading) -
Bill Gates's bid to cure the world (inside the Economist 02/29)
Montreal Gazette - canada.com network (also in Seth's Godin blog)




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?