Monday, February 21, 2005

 

Mending a broken wing

After almost 10 days doing "nothing" (last wednesday I risked a 1:30 bike class) I'm back... mostly due to a broken heart - it's funny how our mind works and how we find strenght in our darkest hours. Saturday I ran 25k in a steady pace and followed it with a 2000 swin... I'm not in my best shape, but I could stand the trainning, so it seems to me a good sign. will see how this week works and I'm assigned for a next long run on march, 5th - which is a day before a 12k run that I'm schedule to do (not very wise I know) - and than I will make up my mind and decide if I'll risk the marathon early in april.. If I feel that I haven't physical conditions I will step back and transfer my first marathon for this year for late june - this one I hope I'll be fit.
Meanwhile I promise myself not to stand alone and cry alnight long as I did yesterday - it won't make me feel better, and won't fix anything. As a friend says: there's no better way to heal a broken heart than a bigger love... my love for now will be just this: my road to Kona.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?