Friday, February 11, 2005

 

The Passion Imperative

Once and again, yestareday i went hope dealing with sore ears... it was awful... but first I had to go to my thursday class... I was wondering what to do about my trainning, upset with the pain and feeling blue... In a matter of fact I was ready to publish an entire blog on swimmers ears. Needless to say this is an important matter, and don't fool yourself: the old rule "no pain, no gain" doesn't apply. And there I was, wondering what to do, when I just got to a friend of mine's blog. It was just so full of excitment... he was talking about his trainning (he is already enrolled for an IM this yr) and this just caught me: the passion.. I just forgot my ears aching, and after class I went to the gin for a weight lift session (what was all I can do due to the time available) and felt great... the pain is still here and I'm scheduled to some research about swimmers ears and on, but for now this all I can take: an extra motivation provided by someone really satisfied with his trainning regimen. As I have read before: enthusiasm begets enthusiasm.


And talking about reading - an interesting article from the Economist about blogging... (and Microsoft, of course...)

http://www.economist.com/people/displayStory.cfm?story_id=3644293
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?