Wednesday, April 13, 2005

 

The lack of Thorpe's genes

I'm back to the pool.. Althought I left work late I went to swim - it was about 9 p.m when I started. I was feeling well... not great but quite well (better than I thought I would). It took me around an hour to swim 2500 m in different drills, but i didn't worry about the time, my goal was just to be there, swimming as better as I could and trying to improve my technique. It made me happy even spite the conversation I had with my coach: I will never improve as much as I want, or even as I could if I had started earleir in my life... Once I had several health problems I was never allowed to get into the pool (even close to it) and started swimming in my late tenthies so even if I had the genes I had no time anymore... It will take lotsa time and hard work to be an average swimmer, but you know what? I really don't care. I will work as hard as I can and I will get better than expected because I really believe that we can reach any goal we set... and if I don't it won't bother me because I'm just willing to have a good time, enjoy my trainning and my sportive schedule... I'll let the gold for Thorpe (he deserves)... hehehehe.

Lesson learned: even if your son doesn't want to, just take him to the pool, he will thank you in the near future!


(good notice: maybe I don't have the strenght or the neuromuscular ability, but even without trainning my "lungs" are still pretty good! Sometimes I just wonder what it would be if I had discovered triathlon before, when I was younger...)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?