Monday, August 22, 2005

 

(Try) athlete

This weekend I lost sight of my trainning again. On saturday I was supposed to run a 1h30 and swim... The swimming went alright (a long 4000m that took almost 2hrs) but I couldn't run due to some familiar appontiments. I felt no guilt at all. I know I'm not as commited as I should and that I'll probably face a pour performance on september 18th half marathon (and this means that I won't enroll in the half IM), but sometimes you must respect your body (and soul) and just go with the flood.
For this week, I'm decided to be a bit more disciplinated and focus on my running (it will make a big diference on suffering or not in the 1/2 marathon).

This week I started reading The Perfect Mile and found it very interesting - specially because, event being world class athletes, the characters of the book have the same challenge that I (and mostly athletes and triathletes I konow): have a life beyound sports.

It worths the time!

For the next time, I'll change the subject and start reading "Freakonomics". Plus this week I'll (re) start the psicotherapy, maybe it'll help on my lack of confidence....
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?