Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

One week to go

Tuesday I ran... and felt quite confortable... after the running I met a friend and we scheduled for a morning run on wednesday - since it happened to a be a holiday... I woke up early and we went to a park but the run didn't last: she was tired and quited after a 3km run.. we went for breakfast and that was all... back home the short run was bothering me.. I have one week left for the half marathon and even being somehow experienced with the distance I'm a bit concerned with my lack of trainning so I picked up my sneakers for a second shot... after about 10 minutes I started to figure out that I'm still confortable but I needed a "plan B' for september 18. I spent the rest of the one hour run trying to find a steady and "slowly" pace on which I could feel confident that I would run 2 hours straight.. I found it and that's what I'll do: run in a slow and steady pace for a 2 hours 1/2 marathon.. it will be the worst running time of my entire life but I'll finish the race so that's what I'm supposed to do (sometimes to step back can a be an act ou "courage").

After the run I received a msg from a friend who was in a 6 hour ride trainning to Kona... gosh that made me so happy.... I was so glad for him that I almost forgot my "pour" trainning week, month, yr... At night anxiety knocked the door... I was worried about... EVERYTHING... WORRIED AND SCARED... DAMN IT ! I think fear is the worst feeling we have in life!

Today I'm still nervous... a stressing feeling deep inside.. so I need another run :-)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?