Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 

going strong

The last weeks were quite productive. Inspired by IM Hawaii and a good weather outside I'm back to pull and have been keen to my trainning schedule. It was time to my "humility" trainning... and althought it wasn't exactly planned it just fitted well. Last monday I ran outdoors with a new friend that have just arrived from Chicago Marathon - a sub 3:30 marathon... well, it waas supposed to be ez.. for him! I could follow but my heart rate reached 180 easily and all I could think was: damn, it can't be an ez run.. even for him! Well, on the other hand, as I had the monday off from work, I had a previous run on lunch time.. an ez 8km in 41 min and an average heart rate of 137! Think that Maffetone method is getting into... at least I hope so.. more bike and now I got sore kness but it doesn't matter... I'm just too inspired by a friend's performance at Hawaii... soon I will play homage for him.. for now, I will just post a poem from Frost - guess I did it before.. but this time it goes for him... straight from the heart!

(reading the 8th Habit.... gonna tell more latter)...

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same, And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back. I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?