Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

Making the difference

Althought I have been trainning a lot, this post won't be about sports... (weel, I'm not that sure, since sports for me is about having a meaning in life, but..). This morning I was literaly hited by a phone call. A friend of mine who's just back from vacations was fully depressed about the country we live in, the future and so on. I know that getting back to normal life can be somehow stressful and that he will be fine soon, but he had a point that concerns me either: raising a child. What a point! While he is worried about Brazil, I'm actually worried about the world we live in. I think we are in the middle of a serious crise, and it's worldwide... And that lead me to another thinking: what am I doing to change this... not much... and that made me sad... but before got depressed I went to Tom Peters blog (a daily habit) and he was talking about Rosa Parks... what an isightful story... what a post about the meaning of.. SMALL THINGS! I mean, I wish I was doing more, wish I could even do more, but you know, I'm not Bono (www.one.org) but sometimes I can make the difference on a simple gesture..
And then a small story came into my mind... one of those spread by e-mail and you just wonder if you should have threw straight to the trash bin it sorta like this -
a guy was running on the beach where many sea stars were dying along in the sand... among them he could see a little girl picking one after one and sending them back to the ocean. For each one she threw there were thousands left, so he told her: can't you see that there are still so many outy there, it won't make any difference. The girl looked into his eyes and said " to this one, it does" while sending another one back to the water.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?