Friday, November 11, 2005

 

the right foot

Recently a friend of mine broke his left foot and as a triathlete he is suffering a lot- specially because he just doesn't know what to do with himself. I met him yesterday and I must say that it was touch to see him that way - he is fine, but u know, it's awful when something happens to someone you love. His accident just made me wonder about the life of a "sportsman". About 1 week ago I reassessed and redesigned my shedule in order to fit more non athletics activities on my daily schedule - with this I mean an extra time for reading, thinking, studying and seeking of "innovation" (I'm very concerned about my company and industry developments and I truly believe that we must search a breakthrough and that this is not a matter of waiting for inspiration). Thisweek I read Ozzie's from Microsoft manifesto and my feeling was: that's what we need in my company: a vision of the future!
Let's get back to sports.
In the middle of this life "evaluation" I could feel how trainning is important, how it can help you to be disciplined and goal oriented, but I also saw how we must avoid the trap of not pursuing ambitions beyond spports, forgeting the life around us - and getting depressed when life prevent us of racing and trainning for a while.

Maybe this is why I keep talking about books, about the companies that I admire... just maybe...

My friend? he's gonna be alright.. meanwhile he is planning to learn chess.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?